Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Trees and plants galore!

Atis fruit tree behind my house
Calumnius tree, fruits on the tree trunk


Acacia Trees blooming in March, pink/white/yellow fluffy flowers
Nara tree (the national tree) blooming yellow flowers



Papaya trees behind my house, bananas in the distance

Mahagony trees blooming at school


Baby pineapple :)

Veron, Nika and pineapples in her front yard

Spectacular Boughanvilla in bloom
Coffee tree behind Veron's house

My harvest!!
Hanging Birds of Paradise flowers

Tilapia farm


Orchids are everywhere!!
Malungay tree and seed pods

Baby avacado behind my house

Our school Bahay Kubo being built

My tutor (on right) and her friend taking me to the Paminta (pepper) Plantation

Pepper is a woody vine and grows up a host tree
Close up of pepper vine growing
Owner of another plantation, still picking and keeping her young at over 70


After it is picked it is put out in the sun to dry and turn black
A basket of harvested paminta
Bamboo ladder, traditional basket and happy picker!
What you see along the road, sometimes it is rice sometimes it is pepper.
The plants here in the Philippines are just breathtaking, I never cease to be amazed and discover new trees and plants along the very same route.The Malungay tree is considered a miracle tree, the leaves are used to fight all sorts of illnesses. I never knew how pepper grew until I visited the plantation. Our province, Batangas, is famous for Cafe Baraco - the kind I picked in Veron's back yard.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment