Monday, May 28, 2012

On a more serious note.....

I was blessed with a trip back to America for two weeks to see my family and see my "bunso" (youngest child) graduate from college - Magna Cum Laude! Four years flew by, seems like just yesterday we packed all his stuff in the car and headed off to the dorm for freshman year. I am really proud of him- he, like his brothers, earned his education - financially as well as intellectually. Three engineers, yeah I feel kinda proud. I knew they would be successful, I kept telling them they could.
Two weeks went fast, SC, NC - 5 different beds in 9 days! It was a little weird to drive again - we are not allowed to drive here in the PC, I was a little nervous especially since I was borrowing my BFFs Mercedes! Got to see my sweet pup and his momma and sister, ate a ton of shrimp and scallops - yummy - had a nice walk on the beach alone with God, IOP is the best!
So now I am back to sweating and sweating, at least it has begun to rain occasionally. The new batch of volunteers are due to arrive in July - wow we won't be the newbees anymore. We have corresponded via email and Facebook, the benefits of modern technology.
Still don't know what grade I am teaching and school starts next Monday - the Philippines is beginning a new education initiative K-12, with K-3 being taught in "mother tongue" - so I cannot be in grade 1 this year. My wonderful counterpart teacher may stay in grade 1 but no one has decided what to do with me yet. So stay tuned and I'll let you know.
Enjoy a few photos of aking pamilia...

No comments:

Post a Comment